Friday, January 9, 2009

Hello Weekend!



I am not entirely sure how it happened, but the week sailed by, despite it being the first full one I've worked in oh, an eternity. My friends in the 'ham are flooded like they have not been flooded ever. I am fairly certain my former residence is immersed in water. My new one has not seen any fresh paint since last weekend. My dog is not fond of this new schedule and has torn everything she can get her paws on. I am in desperate need of a nap. And my child....well, he rocks.

I had a PR event for the cycling team last night, and he was invited. It was a shaking hands, kissing babies networking affair, and a couple of my friends would be there that he'd know. I tried to sell him on coming along, but knew there was an out.

His response:

"No WAY I am going to that thing. Give me the phone, I'll call Grandma and Grandpa myself. We can watch the football game together while you are there and then you, me and Grandpa will ALL be happy."

Amen, my child. And THANK YOU Grandma and Grandpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment