Friday, May 13, 2011

chaos

In the short span of 24 hours this week we bundled ourselves in 24 degrees, only to pop back to 80 the following day and then 101 the day after that.  

It seems my life has taken on a similar form of mass chaos; driving the kid to and fro; phone calls and meetings and newspaper articles and nary time in between to pedal my bike, hit a bag or engage in any other activity to keep me sane.

As if to confuse my exercise-deprived state further, this week I received my first email for the kid's football season, which seems especially odd since I have still been writing the year 2010 on the three checks I've scribed thus far this year...one of them being this morning to register my child for MIDDLE SCHOOL.

It was just, like, yesterday, wasn't it, that I handed him a handful of wipes and instructed him to clean himself up, in one of my less than stellar moments as a mother, after having exhausted every.single.potty.training.trick IN THE BOOK.

And now, according to my calendar, it's mid-May, 2011 and school is ending, and we are preparing for a new school beginning, we are playing baseball and more baseball and basketball and more basketball and preparing for football and Middle School.  

Would someone please tell me what happened to my baby?


No comments:

Post a Comment