Monday, September 14, 2009

My Baby, Playing Football

Yesterday at approximately half past two in the afternoon, my baby donned full football padding and took to the field in his first tackle football game of his little career. I'll admit it, it was completely and totally surreal; my kid, out there playing on a full 100 yards of newly laid turf, all geared up shouting audibles as his team's QB for all the world to hear:

DOWN!
SEEEET!
Hut!

Except each time, the hut came out a little more like a high pitched squawking bird than it did a little man.
And each time my dad and I couldn't help but look at each other and laugh our respective asses off at the hilarious absurdity of it all: grandpa, daughter, son....three generations tied together by sports and one prepubescent, very high pitched HUT!

P.S. He won. He scored. Life was good at Chez Ali last night. Real good.

No comments:

Post a Comment